Staying safe online
You should always take care to keep safe when using the Internet, for example, by being careful of the amount of personal information you post online.
More help and advice about Internet safety is available from the NI Direct website
Social networking sites allow people to share information with each other and let organisations, such as the council, send out key messages to people who choose to receive our updates.
By following us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or YouTube, you can find out about our latest events, news, jobs and tenders. You can also contact us and send us any questions you have about council events or services.
Social media pagesWe manage the following social media pages:
- Belfast City Council - www.facebook.com/belfastcitycouncil
- Belfast Waterfront and Ulster Hall - www.facebook.com/waterfrontandulsterhall
- Belfast Zoo - www.facebook.com/belfastzoo
- Belfast Business Info - www.facebook.com/belfastbusinessinfo
- Bridges Urban Sports Park - www.facebook.com/bridgesurbansportspark
- European Pipe Band Championships - www.facebook.com/Europipes
- Belfast City Council - www.youtube.com/belfastcitycouncil
- Belfast City Council - www.flickr.com/belfastcitycouncil
Unacceptable contentThis statement discloses the types of content that we will remove from our social media channels and the grounds for which we will ban a user from accessing them.
Users should also make themselves aware of each site's own terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, including those which:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- violate the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic
- are disruptive
- are repetitive.
- continues to post comments such as those listed above
- encourages others to post such comments
- uses offensive images as their profile picture, for example, sexually explicit images
- has an offensive user name.
ModerationOur social media accounts are not monitored 24/7 (including evenings, weekends and public holidays).
If you have an urgent query please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 028 9032 0202 (Monday - Thursday, 9am - 5pm and Friday, 9am - 4.30pm).
If you have a Freedom of Information request, please contact us at:
Records Management Unit
Chief Executive's Department
Belfast City Hall
Telephone: 028 9027 0639
Fax: 028 9027 0600
Web on the moveYou don't have to be near a PC to use this website or many of our new features. Instead, you can also access this site from:
- your mobile phone, if it is Internet-enabled
- your iPhone or Blackberry
- some iPods or MP3 players
- your Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii or other games console, if they have a browser enabled
- some TVs which offer access to the web.